The Friends ExLibris Society (membership level starting at $100) purchases non- fiction and references materials for the library. This is a small sample of the 300 books purchased by them in
- 2014-15. Look for The Friends ExLibris bookplate on the inside cover!
- America’s Great Hiking Trails Berger, Karen Hiking-Guidebooks
- The Boys in the Boat: nine Americans & their epic quest for gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics Brown, Daniel Rowing-History-Univ. of Wash.
- Finding Your Roots: the official companion to the PBS series Gates, Henry Louis, Jr. Genealogy-manual
- The Innovators: how a group of hackers, geniuses, and geeks created the digital revolution Isaacson, Walter Computer scientists-Internet
- Race horse men: how slavery and freedom were made at the racetrack Mooney, Katherine Horse racing-19th c. history
- The simple art of vegetarian cooking: templates and lessons for making delicious meatless meals every day Martha Rose Shulman Vegetarian cooking
- You must remember this: Life and style in Hollywood’s golden age Robert Wagner Memoir- motion picture actors and actresses
And for the children…
- Aesop’s forgotten fables Waters, Fiona Fables- folklore
- Lives of the explorers: discoveries, disasters (and what the neighbors thought) Krull, Kathleen Explorers- adventurers- biography
- Rocks and minerals Bonewitz, Ra Rocks – minerals – manual